Driver Error Accident Attorneys
Car accidents are all too common, often leading to severe injuries and even death. Some car accidents that occur are out of people’s control, such as mechanical issues in the car or an unexpected obstruction that appears on the road. However, a large majority of car accidents happen because drivers fail to practice safe and proper driving. Driving errors, no matter how insignificant they may seem, can cause a crash and lead to severe personal injuries. If you were the victim of an automobile crash, at the Law Offices of Michael B. Brehne, P.A., we can provide you with a car accident attorney in Orlando to fight for the compensation you deserve.
Common Driver Errors in Florida
Driver errors are careless or inadvertent actions that can result in automobile accidents. Operating a motorized vehicle comes with a level of responsibility in order to ensure the safety of yourself, those around you, and the surrounding property. However, driver errors occur often, some of the most common include:
- Driving too slow: Driving too slow can impede the flow of traffic and even cause accidents when cars going at an appropriate speed are forced to slam on the breaks unexpectedly. Slowing down is fine when necessary but constantly driving several mph under the appropriate speed can even land you a ticket.
- Speeding: Sometimes it is easy to lose track of the speed at which you’re traveling and find yourself going a couple miles over the speed limit. However, speeding can put you and others in danger.
- Failing to signal: Failing to signal properly, or all together, when turning or changing lanes can lead to accidents when other cars are not given the necessary time to react to your actions.
- Failing to look: Many people forget to check their mirrors when reversing or changing lanes. You should also look both ways before crossing an intersection and check for any traffic that you need to yield for.
- Getting distracted: Distractions while driving can occur from eating, communicating with passengers, or looking at a cell phone.
- Failing to keep a proper distance: Tailing too close to another vehicle will not provide enough time to avoid a collision in the event of an unexpected stop.
- Driving while tired: Driving while tired leads to delays in reaction time, decreased awareness, and can even cause a driver to fall asleep behind the wheel.
- Running stop signs: Failing to make a complete stop at a stop sign can cause a collision with crossing traffic.
Driver errors during bad weather become even more dangerous due to slippery roads or obstructed sight and are likely to end in a collision. At the Law Offices of Michael B. Brehne, P.A., we can provide you with an Orlando motorcycle accident attorney or car accident attorney if you were the victim of a collision due to a diver error.
What to Do if You Were Injured in a Collision
If you are injured in a car accident that was caused by another driver’s error, you should contact an Orlando personal injury lawyer as soon as you receive medical attention. An attorney can gather evidence from the police traffic collision report and your medical reports to identify if the driver’s error caused the collision for support to your claim. Your attorney will also be able to file the lawsuits for you, gather witnesses to testify on your behalf, provide counsel, and ensure that you receive the appropriate compensation you deserve for the injuries you sustained.
Orlando Car Accident Lawyers You can Count On
At the Law Offices of Michael B. Brehne, P.A., we have dealt with many car accident and personal injury cases due to another driver’s errors. Suffering for somebody else’s negligence is unfair which is why we always fight for our client’s rights to compensation and offer support through every step of the case so that they can rebuild their lives. If you were the victim of a collision and sustained injuries, contact us today for a car accident attorney Orlando residents can trust to look out for their best interests.