T-Bone Accident Attorneys
Car accidents occur very often across the nation and for a number of different reasons. The force of impact in a car-on-car or car-on-motorcycle collision makes it extremely dangerous as severe injuries or even death are possible. At the Law Offices of Michael B. Brehne, P.A., we have handled numerous car accident cases including T-bone collisions, one of the most common forms of collision to cause serious injuries along with head-on collisions. Injuries from T-bone collisions can be so severe that they permanently affect someone’s way of life. If you have been the victim of a T-bone collision and suffered injuries, we can provide you with a car accident attorney Orlando, FL, residents trust to fight for their deserved compensation.
How Do Orlando T-Bone Accidents Occur?
T-bone collisions, also known as side-impact or broadside collisions, are when the front of a vehicle crashes into the side of another vehicle. Because of the type of impact, T-bone collisions most commonly occur at intersections. This type of accident is considered one of the most dangerous due to their likelihood of severe injuries to the drivers and passengers involved. T-bone collisions are often responsible for brain injuries, broken arms and legs, spinal fractures, organ damage, whiplash and even death.
Common Causes of T-Bone Accidents
- Failing to make a complete stop: Many people fail to come to a complete stop at four way intersections despite it being a traffic violation. Rolling through a stop sign is a common way for T-bone accidents to occur and the driver would be held responsible for failing to abide by traffic codes.
- Failing to yield: At four-way intersections, drivers are required to yield to one another. When a driver refuses to yield despite it being the other driver’s turn, T-bone collisions can occur.
- Turning right: When making a right turn at a light or stop sign, drivers are expected to look both ways for oncoming traffic. If cars are passing by, drivers are required to wait until they can safely join the flow of traffic. Making a right turn carelessly without looking out for oncoming traffic can cause a T-bone accident.
- Running a red light: Running a red light is illegal, however, many drivers pick up speed at intersections in order to get through before the light turns red. Misjudging the time before a light turns red or simply ignoring it creates a high chance for a T-bone collision to occur.
- Reckless driving: Reckless and aggressive driving can put other drivers in harm’s way due to the purposeful ignorance of proper driving conduct.
- Distracted driving: Eating while driving, talking to passengers or using a cellular device can all distract a driver and cause them to take their focus off the road. When this occurs, a driver may fail to see another driver and end in a T-bone collision.
- Driving while intoxicated: Driving intoxicated impairs a driver’s cognitive function, sight, hearing and reflexes leaving them unable to avoid oncoming traffic or causing them to make poor decisions that put others in danger.
What to Do if You Were in a T-Bone Collision
If you were the victim of a T-bone collision, whether on or by a vehicle or motorcycle, you should call the police, receive medical attention even if you don’t feel hurt at the moment, and seek the help of an Orlando personal injury lawyer. An attorney is crucial in filing a personal injury claim and helping you receive fair compensation for your injuries. Your attorney will collect evidence from police reports, photographs, witnesses and medical records to establish that the other driver was at fault. He/she will then fight for you to receive maximum compensation to cover your medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and/or future expenses due to severe injuries that impact your quality of life.
Orlando Car Accident Lawyers You can Count On
At the Law Offices of Michael B. Brehne, P.A., we believe it is unfair for you to suffer due to someone else’s recklessness. That is why we fight for our clients to receive the compensation they deserve for the injuries they sustained. Contact us today for a reliable car accident attorney in Orlando.