Moving Violations & Traffic Ticket Defense
Florida is known for its tight grip on traffic laws and regulations. With so many tourists flocking to the Sunshine State, especially toward desirable areas such as Orlando, there is a higher need to keep everyone safe on the road. As such, there are specific guidelines that drivers should follow on the road in order to avoid harm and moving violations. Traffic violations lawyers at the Law Offices of Michael B. Brehne, P.A. can advise and represent you if you are charged with a moving violation and help you obtain a favorable outcome if you wish to contest the charge.
Common Moving Violations
There are many types of moving violations. They most commonly result from drivers’ failures to adhere to basic driving rules and traffic protocol. In Orlando and the surrounding areas, a great deal of traffic consumes the roads, highways and interstates which make alert driving all the more dire. A moving violation lawyer can help you understand what constitutes moving violations and how to avoid them.
The most common forms of moving violations are:
- Careless and/or reckless driving (including road rage and extraneous behavior)
- Failure to yield
- Violation of Florida’s Open Container Law
- Florida’s Move Over Law
- Illegal turns
- Improper lane changes
- Improper passing
- Running of stop signs and red lights
- Speeding (especially during designated school zones)
- Engaging in, or observing, street racing
- Violation of traffic control devices
- Violation of Right-of-Way
- Failure to pay tolls during travel
If you have been charged with moving violations for any of the aforementioned reasons, it is best that you contact an experienced traffic defense attorney. Moving violations, like all traffic citations, are not as minuscule as many people believe. Moving violations can result in an accumulation of points on one’s driving record, an increase in auto insurance payments, and excessive fines. In some cases, drivers can lose their privilege to drive. Fortunately, drivers have the right to contest moving violations charges with a traffic defense lawyer.
Traffic Defense Lawyers You Can Trust
The best part about traffic courts in the state of Florida is that drivers are able to contest charges against them. Often, there are legitimate circumstances and justifications that make moving violations unavoidable. A traffic ticket attorney can help you support and prove such consideration in a court of law.
Consider the following ways in which an experienced traffic defense attorney can assist you after a moving violations charge:
- Locate and gather compelling and supportive evidence
- Keep track of important records
- Negotiate with your insurance carrier to adopt a favorable plan and/or decrease interest rates and extraneous fees
- Thoroughly prepare you for cross-examination
- Undergo research and investigation into your unique case
- Advocate on your behalf during court sessions and private meetings
- Inform you of your rights and privileges as a Florida driver
- Advise and guide you through the overall process
No matter how many points you accumulate on your driving record or what type of moving violation you obtain, you can trust that an experienced traffic defense lawyer in Orlando, FL can assist you. There is no reason to struggle with moving violations charges alone.
Moving Violation Lawyers in Orlando, FL
At the Law Offices of Michael B. Brehne, P.A., you can trust that our experienced Orlando traffic defense attorneys can and will guide you through the most troublesome and complicated of traffic violation charges. Our traffic defense attorneys understand how easy it is to fall victim to a moving violation charge and that many times, certain actions on the road are unavoidable. Because we understand how difficult it is to operate vehicles on Orlando’s roads in the midst of traffic and poor judgement of others, our traffic defense attorneys work above and beyond to protect your driving privileges.
Have a moving violation charge? Contact our defense law firm in Orlando, FL today. We know how to handle Florida traffic laws in a manner that have a higher probability for a favorable outcome.