Interstate & Highway Accident Lawyers
Florida features various long stretches of interstate highways, many of which pass through and around the city of Orlando, including: Interstate 75, Interstate 4, Florida Turnpike, Highway 408, Highway 429, Highway 417, and Highway 528. These highways allow thousands of cars and trucks to travel throughout the state on a daily basis, mixing local commuters, visitors and tourists. Unfortunately, because of the number of vehicles sharing the same highways, accidents are bound to occur. Interstate accidents can occur for a variety of different reasons and the results are often catastrophic, leading to serious injury or even death. If you have been the victim of a vehicle collision while on the highway, then you should contact an attorney immediately. At the Law Offices of Michael B. Brehne, P.A., we can provide you with a car accident attorney Orlando, FL, residents trust after a high-speed collision or accident on the interstate.
Interstate Accident Attorneys in Orlando
There’s always a possibility that a car accident will have a disastrous outcome. However, accidents on interstate highways are especially dangerous because of the high speeds that vehicles are traveling and the high number of vehicles sharing the road at the same time. Interstate accidents can lead to very serious injuries, such as head and brain injuries, neck injuries, spinal injuries, burns, soft tissue damage, and broken bones. The results could be temporary or permanent disabilities and even death. Such injuries can cause the victims tremendous physical, emotional, and psychological pain as well as put them through financial hardships due to lost wages and high medical bills. At the Law Offices of Michael B. Brehne, P.A., our personal injury and accident attorneys fight to maximize the amount of compensation you receive.
Common Types of Interstate Accidents
The most common types of interstate accidents include:
- Clipping Other Cars When Merging: When drivers are distracted, they will often change lanes without properly looking. However, failing to check blind spots when merging can result in serious accidents. Merging accidents also frequently occur near the beginning of off-ramps and the entrance of on-ramps. It is important to watch for merging traffic at all times and, in heavy traffic, take turns to merge.
- Rear-End Collisions: Sudden stops can occur due to traffic congestion, road work, or other accidents. When drivers follow too closely behind another vehicle or are not paying attention, they may not have enough time to react. Be sure to travel at safe speeds at all times, and if you notice slowed traffic ahead, prepare to stop early.
- Single Vehicle Collisions:Single vehicle accidents can happen for a variety of reasons such as running off the road due to another car entering your lane, spinning out of control, not paying attention, or hitting an object on the road.
Common Causes of Interstate Accidents
Some of the most common causes of accidents while on the highway include:
- Adverse weather conditions
- Driving the wrong way
- Reckless or negligent driving
- Distracted driving (such as texting and driving)
- Falling asleep behind the wheel
- Driving while intoxicated
- Unforeseen objects on the road (such as fallen cargo)
- Road work without proper warnings
- Poorly designed roadways and exits
Contact A Personal Injury Accident Attorney
The first thing to do after an interstate car accident is to seek medical attention. Even if you don’t feel injured, it is important to be assessed by a professional in case your injuries have not yet become apparent. Being under medical care will also help to have your injuries documented, which could be used by your attorney to strengthen your case. If possible, you should also try to gather as much information at the scene of the accident such as photographs and witness reports. After you have been treated for your injuries, contact a car accident lawyer.
Orlando Accident Attorneys
Having an experienced attorney by your side after suffering injuries from a vehicle collision on the interstate can prove to be an invaluable tool. The accident attorneys at the Law Offices of Michael B. Brehne, P.A. have the legal expertise to guide you through the injury claims process, protect your rights, and help ensure that you receive fair compensation for the injuries you sustained and the hardships you’ve endured. Contact the Law Offices of Michael B. Brehne, P.A., for an Orlando car accident attorney you can rely on.